Tuesday, November 13, 2007

HW 31: Turning the Tables

After reading the post “Turning Tables” by Riverbend in Baghdad Burning, I wanted to know more about this blogspot that is written by a soldier fighting in Iraq, who goes by the name “Moja”. So I went online and looked up the blog “TurningTables” (http://turningtables.blogspot.com/). TurningTables is a blog that is composed by a soldier named Moja. This blog made me really emotional. This is because my brother is going to Iraq in December, three days before my birthday. To read Moja’s blog posts really struck me to know what’s going on in Iraq, where my brother will be going. It made me feel for the troops, especially when Moja states that all he thinks about is going home, and all he dreams about is going home (Moja). All I could think of was if Peter my brother will start a blog, if he will say those things, if he will be miserable, if he will want nothing but to come home. Reading about Moja’s life and how he deals with what’s going on made me really learn a lot about the other side of Iraq, as well as what my brother might go through. I am now interesting in TurningTables, and I am going to be reading it more on a daily basis.


Moja. "...TURNINGTABLES...." Blogger. 13 Nov 2007 .

No comments: