Tuesday, September 11, 2007

HW 4: Option 1 Getting Down to Business

-After reading Kline and Burstein’s “The Voice of the Customer” I decided to do some research on the magazine, Business Week.
-Business Week magazine was mentioned on page numbers 101, 114, and 115.
-I learned many things about the Business Week Magazine. It is a very informative magazine that has articles on the following: Investing, Companies, Technology, Autos, Innovation, Small Businesses, etc. This magazine’s website also has a debate chat room as well as blogging!
-I found the website version of Business Week through Google. The site was http://www.businessweek.com/
-When I was reading the past homework assignment in blog! I noticed a quote from Business Week magazine, “Your customers and rivals are figuring blogs out. Our advice: Catch up… or catch you later.” I then read this assigned homework The Voice of the Customer. Not only did they mention the magazine Business Week in the first sentence, they also used it in reference two other times. I found this interesting because it sounds to me that the book blog! likes using Business Week as a reference. Not only is Business Week magazine informative, I like the way it is written. The articles are interesting to read and are all up to date. The magazine also keeps you interested. I just read an artice online from them titled, “O.K. (Sigh), I'll Join Facebook” It was a fun article to read considering I have a facebook. It’s true that that, “One year after taking down its "students only" shingle, Facebook is indeed huge with a subset of the professional, grownup world.” (Business Week) It’s always more interesting to me when I read something that I already have an understanding and/or background to. Business Week magazine is very informative and interesting to read.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Excellent, Emily! This is informative and the way you've written it has lots of personality.